Friday, May 13, 2011

Wedding Season! Kicked off by my brother and new sister... To know them is to love them!

Last weekend, my family and I had the wonderful pleasure of traveling to MN to witness my brother and his beautiful bride get married.  It was phenomenal!  The love that they show for each other as well as others is heartwarming.  Since I am family, I was not the photographer for the wedding, HOWEVER... what photographer would NOT WANT to take pictures of such a wonderful event??
During the ceremony, I kept my camera put away (although I did take some with my sister's camera...) and left the photography to the amazing couple that they hired.  At the reception, that was a different story.  I clicked away like it was no ones business, and captured hundreds of special moments. 
I would like to start at the beginning of our day.  I met the bride, bridesmaids and the beautiful flower girl (my niece) at the salon.  They were getting their hair and makeup done, and it was loads of fun!










 The Ceremony was beautiful.  I wish I had taken pictures with my own camera, yet I didn't want to interfere with the photographers that were being paid to do their work... it was hard to refrain myself! 

The Reception!  What a wonderful time!  Lots of love, dancing, chatting and a really fun game that we had my brother play... blindfolded, he had to feel legs (of men and women) to determine which was his bride.  He did great... but boy was it funny!   Here are some photos of the reception! Enjoy!

 Cutting the cake!
 The Newlyweds!


 The beautiful bride with her beautiful sisters.
 First dance!
 Finale to the first dance... love it!
 Father & Daughter dance... so sweet.
 Mother and Son dance, looking so happy.
 Time to throw the bouquet!
 One of the Bridesmaids caught it!
 Searching for the Garter Belt... Found it!
 Lucky catchers of the bouquet and belt, lovely dance.
 The Bride with her parents and extended family.
 The leg game!  This was awesome!!! (and I was in there, too.. and taking pictures ;))
 The groom found his bride xoxo
 Dancing :)


I have hundreds more, but will let the bride and groom share them on their own.  I am so happy that I had the opportunity to witness their special day, and proud to say that "M" is my sister.  She is really an amazing person, who has done some amazing and courageous things.  I love you, "K" and "M", and hope for many years of happiness for the both of you!
XOXOXO
Karie Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment