Monday, April 18, 2011

An afternoon with Mom and Dad!

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of photographing my parents.  I had a wonderful time with them, just me!  If you don't know me personally, you wouldn't know that one on one time with my parents was always rare.  I am one of nine children.  Now that us children are all grown most of us have children of our own, so when I do visit my parents it is usually with my kids.  Not this time!  I had the opportunity to spend a whole hour with my parents, and I didn't have to share! :)    I had such a great time, watching my parents show affection to each other and having the chance to document it with photography. 
Then, last night I started the editing process.  I had a smile on my face the whole time!  There were facial expressions on my Mom's face that I noticed I do all the time.  I really do look a whole lot like my Mom!  Then, with my husband looking over my shoulder, I came across pictures with true genuine smiles on my Dad's face. The first set of pictures I had to remind my Dad to smile, so serious he looked!  Then, as the time went by, I think we all loosened up a bit and enjoyed ourselves, joked around and had a blast. 
Thank you, Mom and Dad, for giving me this opportunity.  These pictures (and the many others that I am not posting here... Just for them!) will be treasured for years to come.
                                                               I LOVE YOU!  XOXO

                                         Watching the ducks!  They were all over the place!

 We enjoyed a nice walk through the park.  I am not sure what they were talking about, but from the looks on                their faces it must have been funny!  This is my favorite picture of my parents!

                                                    Enjoying the sun, relaxing at the park.

                                                           This is my parents being silly :)

                                                                    My beautiful Mother!


 These next two are some of my favorites too.  After over 30 years of marriage, they hold so much love                                                                               for each other!


No comments:

Post a Comment