Sunday, June 5, 2011

Music Makes The Heart Sing

This blog entry is all about my beautiful daughter, Ayla Jade.  She is a spunky, smart, witty 5 1/2 year old girl that has endless energy and love for all animals.  About a year and a half ago, she started taking dance classes.  First through the rec dept in our county, then in the fall she started at a local dance academy.  Ayla and her dance friends are about to have their very first dance recital!  They will be performing ballet to Somewhere Over The Rainbow.  (Ironic, because this song has a lot of sentimental meaning to myself and my sisters, in memory of my niece Stella Grace).  This past Saturday was the rehearsal, where I had the opportunity to photograph Ayla and her dance friends (all of whom she has known for years).  These are a few of the pictures that I took that day, enjoy!












Cute, Right?!  They were so much fun to work with, even after they were already posing for pictures by the dance photographer :)  Unfortunately, photography is not allowed at the actual recital, so these will be the only photos that I will be able to take during the recital.  (I do, however have MANY more on my computer, these were only a select few!). 

These next photos were taken when Ayla had just started Ballet, a year and a half ago.  She looks so much smaller!   I am proud to say that she is my daughter, that she has grown beautifully as a little lady and is growing to be a wonderful performer.




While the saying is "Music Makes The Heart Sing", I would like to say that my children make my heart sing.  You make Mommy so proud, Ayla.  Best wishes for your recital next week. 
Thanks for reading!


~Karie Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment